It’s Global Recycling Day today, Friday March 18th 2022. And we want to share the importance of ‘Saving The Planet.’
Whilst most of you do your utmost to segregate litter now, it’s still really useful knowing some important facts about why we need to push it some more:
‘Every year, the Earth yields billions of tons of natural resources and at some point, in the not too distant future, it will run out.’
With tragic wildfires happening and icecaps melting – ‘The last decade has been the hottest on record, and we are now facing a climate emergency of unparalleled proportions. If we don’t make significant and rapid changes, we will see continued rising global temperatures, the melting of icecaps, continents on fire and rapid deforestation.’
But we have goals we can achieve, especially working alongside the ‘UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, 2030’.
There’s some super useful information and resources on https://www.globalrecyclingday.com/ – including #plasticpolution and also brilliant Educational Materials. You can also nominate your #recyclinghero here, https://www.globalrecyclingday.com/recycling-heroes/
– Recycling helps protect the environment
– Recycling reduces the need for extracting, refining and processing raw materials
– As recycling saves energy too and helps to tackle climate change
Where can I recycle?
- https://www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator – this will show you your local recycling centre
– Streets, parks & green spaces – Oxford City Council saved over 3,000 tonnes of waste going to landfill by segregating litter
– Highways – Extra Group saved over £40,000 a year by recycling at source
– Communities – £14,000 could be generated in Telford & Wrekin from recycled litter.
We like to think we’re doing as much as we can to support everyone’s Environmental Goals and Sustainability Factors, which leads us on to showcase our new #upcycledmarineplastic Carts for 2022!
Meet our new, more sustainable carts below:
– View the Range
– Book a virtual demo
– Got a question? Contact our sales team on 01531 635678.