Commercial Litter Clearance Equipment
Street cleansing services costs £1 billion per year in England. To you and me that is £2.7 million spent every day.
Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, every Local Authority works hard to keep their land and public highways clear of litter and refuse. This Street cleansing service includes:
- Cleansing town centres, residential areas, villages
- Mechanical sweeping of main routes
- Weed spraying
- Collection of fly tipping and other types of litter from public land
The Government has set new targets for every Local Authority to increase recycling rate for all Litter collected. From April 2020, one tonne disposed to Landfill costs £94.15 a tonne. A dry mixed recyclable collection services doesn’t just make good economic sense.
The UK generates over 40 million tonnes of commercial waste each year. Disposing of this waste is a significant cost for any business, whether it’s rubble from a building site, paper from an office, or cooking oil from a restaurant, it all needs chucking away.
Litter is bad news for everyone – business, tourism, wildlife, and our environment.
92% of Local authorities in the UK have entrusted us to supply their commercial Litter Clearance equipment – including Litterpickers, Bag Openers, the NEW Recycle on the Go cart range and volunteer litter picking equipment.
And this Spring, The Great British Spring Clean will empower your communities:
- Engage more volunteers to get involved in your area, behavioural change to litter
- Support your litter heroes to be able to collect even more when they litter pick (add value to your operational services)
- Enable litter collection in line with local waste streams, diverting from landfill (litter v DMR) and increasing recycling rates within your service
- Collect & carry; separate & sort; smarter, safer and even than ever before – check out our NEW Handicart Range
Place an order online or call to speak to Helping Hand Team – to access exclusive promotional deals for your volunteers, groups, schools.