What a year 2021 has been for our friends at Planet Patrol HQ!
- Over 85,000 pieces of litter recorded in the app in 2021!
- Planet Patrol officially arrived in Germany, running clean ups across five locations
- With your help they grew even bigger running over 185+ litter picks
- Planet Patrol app users are now operating in 113 countries across the globe including Malaysia, Romania, Chile and Tanzania!
- The Big Bag Ban campaign went viral, calling on the UK Government to ban plastic bags (including Bags for Life) supported by leading academics, cross-party MPs and Peers, activists and celebrities, including Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Laura Whitmore, Bonnie Wright and Fearne Cotton.
- Planet Patrol has shared litter data with Defra to help impact assess plastic policies and to inform solutions to tackle litter across the UK
- Virtual Missions feature in the Planet Patrol app has enabled thousands to globally take action and collaboratively track litter – despite a trying year of restrictions and lock downs
- Community rallied together to call on the Government to stop sewage pollution, helping force a policy U-turn to ensure that water companies have to reduce sewage discharge into waterways
- Planet Patrol Founder Lizzie Carr was awarded an MBE for her services to environmental activism and to charity.