Litter Collection Made Easy
A litter pickers best friend – you might call it a litter bag loop, bag hoop, or handy hoop… They make litter collection easier and quicker whatever the weather
- No more struggling to keep your bag open
- Take away the strain of holding the bag as its gets heavier
- Reduce risk of ripping
Did you know you can collect twice as much using one too?
Which handi hoop do you want….
Ideal companion for general litter collection, volunteer litter picking
Handi Hoop Pro
Improve street operative productivity in commercial litter
Handi Hoop Plus
Scoop or sweep – increase litter collection capacity by 143%
Recycle on the Go
Litter costs - the facts
- Direct – Taxpayers spend £millions every day to help maintain clean streets. The direct cost £1billion a year
- Indirect – Research shows that neglected streets have an adverse effect on any area, with crime levels cited worst amongst litter strewn neighbourhoods. The financial cost of litter to crime is estimated to cost the UK £328 million a year – add link in to the full report
- Environment – With Landfill Tax set to rise; waste disposal sites must push to find new innovative ways to reduce the amount of rubbish we produce. By segregating litter at source – each council will get £25 rebate (per tonne) recycled.
By 2025 65% of all waste in the UK has to be recycled – household, commercial, street collection – saving 43 million tonnes going into landfill
Recycling is a fundamental principle for local authorities and waste management contractors under the 1990 Environmental Protection Act & 2005 Clean Neighbourhoods & Environmental Act.
- Recycling helps protect the environment
- Recycling reduces the need for extracting, refining and processing raw materials all of which create air and water pollution
- As recycling saves energy it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to tackle climate change
Recycling is the process of taking a product at the end of its useful life and remanufacturing all or part of it to make a new product. … Reduce, reuse, and recycle. It’s simple.
Where can we recycle?
- Streets, parks & green spaces (Oxford City Council saved over 3,000 tonnes going to landfill in one year)
- Waterways including beaches, rivers and canals
- Highways (Extra motorway services are saving over £40,000 a year across 3 sites)
- Home…. Everywhere (Dudley Borough Council invested in Handicarts as part of their volunteer litter picking equipment. Council manpower cost saving of £504,240 for investment cost of £16,326)
To read other Local authority case studies – visit the download section.
Recycle on the go with a Handicart or Streetboss litter cart system
- Go anywhere litter collection (narrow alleyways, steep steps or banks)
- Increase waste collection
- Reduce the risk of manual handling issues, 50% lighter than conventional barrows
This go anywhere litter clearance cart that takes the strain out of rubbish collection – ideal for community campaigns and segregating litter on the go!
The next leader in litter collection – our multi functional cart and complete tool kit ideal for everyday cleansing tasks.
We all can make a tangible difference to our local environment by splitting litter into recyclable and non-recyclable and divert unnecessary waste going to Landfill.