Litter Collection Made Easy
A litter pickers best friend – you might call it a litter bag loop, rubbish bag hoop, bag opener or handy hoop… They litter collection hoops make litter picking easier and quicker whatever the weather
- No more struggling to keep your bin bag open
- Take away the strain of holding the bag as its gets heavier
- Dual waste stream capacity to collect and sort litter on the move
Which handi hoop is best for you?
Our standard foam handle Handihoop bag hoop with secure bungee cord fastening is your ideal companion for general litter collection and volunteer litter picks.
Handi Hoop Pro
Improve productivity and reduce manual handling with the Handihoop Pro ergonomic handle and secure bungee cord fastening system.
Handi Hoop Plus
This multi-functional bag opener will increase litter collection capacity by 143% – collect & carry, seperate & sort, smarter, safer, further when you are litter picking with a Handihoop Plus.
Recycle on the Go
Litter costs - the facts
- Direct – Taxpayers spend £millions every day to help maintain clean streets. The direct cost £1 billion a year
- Indirect – Research shows that neglected streets have an adverse effect on any area, with crime levels cited worst amongst litter strewn neighbourhoods. The financial cost of litter to crime is estimated to cost the UK £328 million a year
- Environment – With Landfill Tax set to rise to nearly £95 a tonne; waste disposal sites must push to find new innovative ways to reduce the amount of rubbish we produce. By setting a positive example, our local actions will help to inspire and implement global change.
By 2025 70% of all waste in the UK has to be recycled – household, commercial, street collection – saving 43 million tonnes going into landfill
Recycling is a fundamental principle for local authorities and waste management contractors under the 1990 Environmental Protection Act & 2005 Clean Neighbourhoods & Environmental Act.
- Recycling helps protect the environment
- Recycling reduces the need for extracting, refining and processing raw materials all of which create air and water pollution
- As recycling saves energy it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to tackle climate change
Where can we recycle?
- Streets, Oxford City Council saved over 3,000 tonnes going to landfill in one year
- Waterways including beaches, rivers and canals
- Highways, Extra motorway services are saving over £40,000 by recycling at source
- Communities, (Dudley Borough Council invested in the Handicart Range as part of their volunteer litter picking equipment. Councilwith a manpower cost saving of £504,240 for investment cost of £16,326 in 12 months.
To read other Local authority case studies – visit the download section.
Recycle on the Go with our Handicart Range and Street Boss litter carts
- Recycle on the Go – collect, sort and segregate litter on the move
- Change behaviour and empower local positive actions
- Increase litter collection capacity – upto 402% over standard bag hoops
- Made from 35% recycled materials, 100% reusable
- Reduce the risk of manual handling , our range is upto 50% lighter than conventional barrows
NEW Handicart Lite
The NEW Handicart Lite is your perfect litter picking companion. The lightweight mobile litter picking cart for smarter litter collection increases your waste collection capacity by 286% compared to a standard bag hoop! Litterpick on the go with our eco-friendly litter picking cart made from 35% recycled materials.
NEW Handicart Duo
The NEW Handicart Duo litter cart supports litter segregation, driving behavioural change in how we manage our waste and collect litter. The dual waste stream capacity makes it easier to separate & sort general litter vs dry mixed recyclables. Recycle on the Go, with our eco-friendly litter picking cart made from 35% recycled materials.
The Handicart Pro is the ultimate litter cart made from 49% recycled materials is your perfect community cleansing solution. Increase litter collection capacity upto 402% with this litter picking cart vs standard bag openers and Recycle more on the Go.
The professional litter collection cart for smarter litter segregation. Achieve quantifiable results to support your frontline service delivery, waste contract and recycling targets. Complete with multi-functional tool kit for everyday cleansing tasks on the move.
With a Street Boss, litter picking has never been so innovative – collect & carry, seperate & sort, scoop & sweep, smarter, safer and further with our ultimate litter picking cart; made from 51% recycled materials.
By setting a positive example, our local actions will help to inspire and implement global change.