Litter Collection Made Easy
A litter pickers best friend – you might call it a litter bag loop, bag hoop, or handy hoop… They make litter collection easier and quicker whatever the weather
- No more struggling to keep your bag open
- Take away the strain of holding the bag as its gets heavier
- Dual waste stream capacity to collect and sort litter on the move
Which handi hoop is best for you?
Ideal companion for general litter collection, volunteer litter picking
Handi Hoop Pro
Improve productivity and reduce manual handling with the Pro ergonomic handle
Handi Hoop Plus
Scoop or sweep – increase litter collection capacity by 143%
Recycle on the Go
Litter costs - the facts
- Direct – Taxpayers spend £millions every day to help maintain clean streets. The direct cost £1billion a year
- Indirect – Research shows that neglected streets have an adverse effect on any area, with crime levels cited worst amongst litter strewn neighbourhoods. The financial cost of litter to crime is estimated to cost the UK £328 million a year
- Environment – With Landfill Tax set to rise; waste disposal sites must push to find new innovative ways to reduce the amount of rubbish we produce. By segregating litter at source – each council will get £25 rebate (per tonne) recycled.
By 2025 70% of all waste in the UK has to be recycled – household, commercial, street collection – saving 43 million tonnes going into landfill
Recycling is a fundamental principle for local authorities and waste management contractors under the 1990 Environmental Protection Act & 2005 Clean Neighbourhoods & Environmental Act.
- Recycling helps protect the environment
- Recycling reduces the need for extracting, refining and processing raw materials all of which create air and water pollution
- As recycling saves energy it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to tackle climate change
Where can we recycle?
- Streets, Oxford City Council saved over 3,000 tonnes going to landfill in one year
- Waterways including beaches, rivers and canals
- Highways Extra motorway services are saving over £40,000 a year across 3 sites
- Parks & green spaces…. Communities (Dudley Borough Council invested in Handicart Range as part of their volunteer litter picking equipment. Council manpower cost saving of £504,240 for investment cost of £16,326)
To read other Local authority case studies – visit the download section.
Recycle on the Go with our Handicart Range and Street Boss litter carts
- Recycle on the Go – collect, sort and segregate litter on the move
- Change behaviour and empower local positive actions
- Increase litter collection capacity – upto 402% over standard bag hoops
- Made from 35% recycled materials, 100% reusable
- Reduce the risk of manual handling , our range is upto 50% lighter than conventional barrows
NEW Handicart Lite
The NEW Handicart Lite is your perfect litter picking companion. The lightweight mobile solution for smarter litter collection increases collection capacity by 286% compared to a standard bag hoop!. Litterpick on the go with our eco-friendly litter cart made from 35% recycled materials.
NEW Handicart Duo
The NEW Handicart Duo supports litter segregation, driving behavioural change in how we manage and collect litter. The dual waste stream collection option makes it easier to separate & sort general litter vs dry mixed recyclables. Recycle on the Go, with our eco-friendly cart made from 35% recycled materials.
The Handicart Pro is the ultimate cleansing solution. Increasing litter collection capacity upto 402% vs standard bag openers. Recycle more on the Go.
The multi functional litter collection cart with complete tool kit ideal for everyday cleansing tasks.
By setting a positive example, our local actions will help to inspire and implement global change.